Terms & Conditions
Last updated March 6, 2019
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses. Please read them carefully.
By participating in the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses, you are agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time without prior notice and at Excellence Canada’s sole discretion. It is the participant’s responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions to determine if there have been changes made and to review such changes. If any change made is material to an entry or submission, Excellence Canada may, but is under no obligation to, contact the representative named “primary contact” in the submission to inform the entrant of the change.
- IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- Deadline to apply and complete the Awards survey: May 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (ET)
- Applicant notified if their application is successful: August 1, 2019
- Awards presentation: September 19, 2019 at the Steam Whistle, Toronto, Ontario
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be considered for the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses, applicants must be:
- a Canadian owned and controlled private business operating in Canada;
- generating more than $1 million in annual revenue, and;
- in business for at least three years.
The following must be true in order for the applicant to be eligible for an Award:
- applicant must conduct a free online employee Awards survey administered by Excellence Canada with the prescribed response rate;
- applicant must be in compliance with all applicable occupational health, safety and environmental legislation, and have received all necessary regulatory approvals;
- applicant must be financially viable and must provide additional information on their financial situation if requested to do so and;
- applicant must not sell or distribute any products or services nor perform any actions which are recognized as being detrimental to the health of people.
- When being assessed for recognition, the burden of proof is on the organization to provide evidence of its achievements from documentary sources.
- Excellence Canada reserves the right to use non-sensitive information from submissions for publication in Canada and abroad on an anonymous basis. Such publications may take the form of photographic or video materials, educational case studies, training, display materials, and written descriptions.
- Applicants must agree to respond in a timely manner to additional information requests from Excellence Canada, if any, directly relevant to this awards program as part of a due diligence process.
To be considered for Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses, applicants must complete and submit the official awards application and application fee by May 31, 2019. The submission must include the following required supporting documentation:
- most recent 2-year annual comparative financial statements
- a summary of results of a customer survey conducted with the past year and showing multi-year trends
- a summary of results of an employee survey conducted with the past year and showing multi-year trends
- PRIVACY & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis. Submissions and any attachments will become the property of Excellence Canada and will not be returned.
- LOGO USAGE
All award recipients must agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses logo usage rules.
- DECISIONS MADE ARE FINAL
The decisions by the Adjudication Committee and Excellence Canada with respect to all aspects of the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses are final. All submissions are subject to verification for accuracy. Any submission that is false, misleading, late or in violation of these general Terms and Conditions is void. Excellence Canada reserves the right to revoke the Award, at which time the participant must immediately cease to use the Award and its logo for any purpose.
- AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Award recipients should plan for senior leaders and their teams to attend the Awards presentation ceremony taking place on September 19, 2019.
- Recipients may be asked to participate in interviews or case studies about their success, for publication.
- Recipients are expected to assist in reinforcing and promoting the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses program in Canada.
- CONTACT INFORMATION:
Questions and inquiries regarding these Terms and Conditions and the Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses can be sent by electronic message to [email protected]